Lourdes Pulmonary Services
Dr. Matharu and his staff are proud to provide the Tri-Cities community with high quality comprehensive pulmonary care in a compassionate and personalized manner. The Clinic’s care team is carefully chosen and trained to participate in patient care. They understand the importance of treating our patients with compassion and professionalism while working as a team.
Dr. Matharu is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary disease and Critical Care Medicine. His practice includes treatment for obstructive lung disease, pulmonary hypertension, lung cancer and lung transplant, among other pulmonary conditions. “I look at the patient as a whole person, not just an organ system,” Dr. Matharu says. “Getting to know my patients and what has made them ill strongly influences how I care for them.”
Dr. Matharu is accepting new patients! Call Lourdes Pulmonary Services any time if you have questions or concerns. We are conveniently located to serve all of the Tri-Cities and surrounding areas. You’ll find us in Pasco, conveniently located in Lourdes Medical Center.
Contact Lourdes Pulmonary Services
520 N. 4th Ave. (inside Lourdes Medical Center)
Pasco, WA 99301
Phone (509) 544-6140
Fax (509) 544-6163
Dr. Jasdip Matharu Brings Needed Specialty to Tri-Cities
Lourdes and Dr. Matharu are proud to bring EBUS - Endobronchial Ultrasound - to the Tri-Cities, keeping hundreds of patients at home! Jasdip Matharu, MD is Board Certified in Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine and Critical Care Medicine, and specializes in complex chronic conditions, lung biopsies, lung cancer diagnosis and staging.
Hear Dr. Matharu tell you about himself and his work:
For Health Professionals
Hear Dr. Matharu explain the benefits of EBUS for your patients:
Dr. Matharu can see you for:
- Persistent or unexplained cough
- Hoarseness or voice changes
- Hemoptysis or bloody sputum
- Wheezing or shortness of breath
- Worsening exercise tolerance
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Chest pain, pleurisy, asbestosis
- Abnormal CT or chest xray
- Pulmonary nodules and lymphadenopathy
- Evaluation for lung transplant and post lung transplant care
- Lung cancer screening, diagnosis, and staging
- Removal of foreign bodies from the lungs
- Endobronchial lesion debulking
- Immunocompromised states, fungal infections
- Tuberculosis (TB) or mycobacteria (MAC)
- Pneumonias typical and atypical
- Interstitial lung disease, pneumoconiosis
- Connective tissue related lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Sarcoidosis or other granulomatous disorders
Jasdip Matharu, MD arrived in July 2013 to take over the pulmonary practice of the late Gladson Vaz, MD. Dr. Matharu was born and raised in Vancouver, Canada. Dr. Matharu describes himself as a “Renaissance man” with experience as an infantryman, computer programmer, network architect and biochemical research. After attending medical school at St. George’s University, Dr. Matharu completed his residency and fellowship at the University of Florida, focusing on pulmonary disease and critical care.
Dr. Matharu was looking for a job opportunity near his extended family in the Northwest and was drawn to Lourdes Health Network and the Tri-Cities area for the small, intimate community he found here. He brings with him his wife, Anita and their two young children.